6.28.2009

Different

I'm not like them and I don't know why
The other kids don't like me and I don't know why
I'm good for teacher, in school I try
I'm nice and like the things they do
Like pizza, recess, and movies, too.

They call me stupid and I don't know why
They won't play with me and I don't know why
Can't they see I'm a kid like them?
I don't hit them, hurt them, or call them names
They still don't let me join in games.

They laugh at me when I walk by
They say bad things that make me cry
I don't understand what I did
Is it my hair? My clothes? My toothy grin?
I'm not that different, yet I don't fit in.

It's like they know there's a secret
To survive each day I just have to keep it
I think they know that I have a secret
Buried inside, locked up, shut tight.
But I can't stop thinking about last night.

I try to fit in and it's hard
I think they see my soul so scarred
It's like they think I'm diseased
They like to see me stay outside
Away from them, I'm not their kind.

I wish that they could simply see
The kind of good friend I could be
I wish that I could share my secret
And dreams, wishes, stories too
I wish that I could start life anew

I have to pretend that everything is alright
Or it will be worse, I live in fright
Much of my heart is broke apart
I pray for mercy and for relief
That day won't come is my belief.

I'm so young and so sad inside
Each day I have something else to hide
Far too young to know much in life
The saddest truth is I want to die
Even sadder, I'm only five.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it awful when there is no respite from the rejection?
I was so very lonely as a child too :-(
Breathtaking blog you have here, a wonderful read!